What is a social action hub?
Social Action Hubs are locally rooted organisations which are committed to training and supporting people to develop their understanding and practice of community organising. A Social Action Hub is:
• A single organisation or a cluster of organisations working together
• Dedicated to a local area, community or neighbourhood
• Accountable to local people
• Socially responsible and uses profit only for social good
• Committed to igniting social change through community organising
• Working for a more socially just, caring and cooperative societyWhat does a Social Action Hub do?
• Promote the principles, methods and values of community organising
• Provide quality assured training and education in community organising
• Use a community organising approach to help people listen, be powerful and take action
• Support networks of people involved in action for change
• Build relationships locally and nationally
We are members of The National Academy of Community Organising (NACO), the training arm of Community Organisers Ltd.
Our courses teach understanding, knowledge and skills of community organising. The training ranges from one-day introductory courses through to courses which teach the national Qualifications (Award and Certificate) in Community Organising.
Community Organising is the work of bringing people together to take action around their common concerns and overcome social injustice. Community organisers reach out and listen, connect and motivate people to build their collective power.
We ran our first one-day Introduction to Community Organising course on the 20th August 2019 for 15 people, including members of the 1000 Lives Steering Group.
If you would like to be added to our mailing list to find out about future training, please email email@example.com
We support the Local Organising Group for North Staffs. The group is for people who have done the Community Organising training and other people who are interested in taking action together. We have an Action Plan which is about supporting our communities with COVID-19 and tackling poverty and loneliness. If you would like to join or link with us please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We hold regular peer support sessions for community helpers. Please click this link to find out more.